Saturday 1 September 2012

Glymm Bag August 2012 Review

Hi loves,

I received my August Glymm Bag a while ago and had all the pictures ready to go on my computer and just never got around the writing a review about it. As I have a bit of free time at the moment I wanted to tell you all about the August Glymm bag.


I was a little disappointed with this month's bag, and this only because there was no product that I really fell in love with. There was a total of 6 items in the bag this month and here they are: 

Photobucket

 The first item is of course the makeup bag itself. This month's featured a patent black bag valued at $12

. Photobucket
 The next item is the Naked Princess Naked Shade Lip Gloss in Barely Blush. It's a light pink color and goes on very sheer. The positive is that it's not very sticky, however there isn't very much color to it. The full size retails for $26. Photobucket

Photobucket

 Next item is the Vitamine & Sea Mineral Clay Mask (5ml). It's a face mask made with clay from the Dead Sea. It promises to exfoliate your skin, eliminate toxins and promote circulation. I used this mask once and gave the rest to my sister because I felt like the mask was very thick, sticky and heavy and didn't like it very much. The full size (210ml) retails for $62. Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

 The next item is the Benta Berry G-1 Moisturising Face Cream for Boys and Girls (3ml). This face cream is made from 100% natural ingredients and doesn't smell overly fragrant. It's a nice cream to use before putting on your makeup for the day as it's not too oily or sticky on the skin. Overall I'm quiet pleased with this product although I'm not sure if I would purchase the full size product. The full size (30ml) retails for $22. Photobucket

Photobucket

 Next up is the Mai Couture Blush Paper. It's basically a rub on blush. This blush gives a lovely light pink colour that is very wearable for the summer. It applied very effectively with no mess and stayed on all day long. This company also has different types of makeup available in the same format including foundation which other Glymm members received in their bag. I am quite pleased with the colour of this blush and didn't appreciate the no fuss aspect to it, however I don't think it's a type of item that I would repurchase in the feature because I prefer the traditional blush application. This sample gave with 2 sheets and the full size (50 sheets) retails for $22.50. Photobucket

Photobucket

 Next is the Parfum Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne This cologne has a fragrant vanilla scent that a little heavy to my liking. It smells like the type of perfume that most people would wear in the fall or winter as it's not a fresh spritz. The smell is quite nice, but I am very picky with fragrances and unfortunately did not enjoy this cologne as much as other people did, probably because I don't really enjoy the strong smell of vanilla. The full size (30ml) retails for $70. Photobucket

Photobucket

 Finally, the last product that I received is the NuMe Hydro Punch Hydrating Conditioner. It's a conditioner that promises to leave your hair feeling smooth and silky. I have to admit that I absolutely despised this product. So much so that after I used it once I had to wash my hair again to get the smell from this product out of my hair. I don't know how to describe the smell but it was not enjoyable. I do admit that it does leave your hair feeling soft and clean but I wouldn't buy the full size product based on the smell alone. Photobucket

Photobucket

 And there you go! That's what I received in my August Glymm Bag. If you're interested in subcribing to Glymm Bag, it's $12 per month and use my invitation link : https://www.glymm.com/share/juliaemery

 Till next time,

 xx

 J.

No comments: